Dear Humanity,
We need to talk. It’s not you – it’s me. It hasn’t been working for some time – I think maybe we need to spend some time apart. Sorry humanity, but I don’t think I love you as much as I used to…
Love - it’s painful, it’s euphoric – it’s the reason we keep coming back. It’s the stuff life is made of. Yet when you observe life on a day-to-day basis – it becomes very apparent that there’s a lack of the stuff. I can’t help but ask myself - where’s the love? Everywhere you see people fighting, people cheating, people starving, people warring… It’s not what I hoped for – and if this is relationship is going to work – we need to make some changes. This (blog) is my effort to rekindle the love. It’s not meant to be well written, it’s not structured, & def not academic in any way – having said that, you’re under no obligation to read it… unless you find it interesting. My hope is of course, that you do read it & find it interesting – but since I can’t tell either way - I’m going to assume you’re reading this & loving it.
I have to be honest with you – I’m not perfect. I’m sometimes quite lovely & inspiring – but at other times I’m a brat – even a bitch. Ya – (sight) t’is true… But I’m not here to talk about that – I just want you to know that I’m aware that I’m human & I’m not expecting anything but the same in return. In other words – I accept the fact that we’re human & I won’t hold it against us. Deal? But keeping that in mind – I have huge faith in us & I know we can do better...
This isn’t a self help thing either – if it was – I would have told you - you were too fat or bald or stupid or lacking something – which could be fixed if you read this blog (and gave me your money)... But alas! This is a non-profit venture… More importantly - there’s nothing in you that needs fixing! Nothing in you needs to change at all – you’re maybe fat, bald, ugly, stupid & your dog too – but that’s ok with me. If you want help - I’m sure some other sob is ready, willing, & able to provide the cure to what ails you. I’m more interested in things like – taking responsibility, hard work, evolution, knowledge, using common sense – stuff like that. I’m not here to preach either – I’m here to remind you. The way I see it – you already have everything you need to know love – but perhaps you forgot that about yourself. A great deal of people have forgotten. So I had the idea – maybe if I write about (love) hard enough & long enough – humanity will start remembering… one person at a time.
If it’s not too much to ask - there is one thing I want to ask in return - & that is to help me maintain an open dialogue. If you feel like it - feel free to comment, or contact me at any point in time. If what you have to say is any good - I might even plagiarize it. So although we’re strangers now – I promise if you stick with me - you’ll find you might like what I have to say or at least find me to be somewhat endearing. This is our new relationship humanity, & so we’ll do what people always do in relationships – toss ideas around, share a laugh, maybe cry… but not too much crying. Sorry - but no kissing & no touching either – it’s not that kind of relationship.
Till next time….
Disclaimer: Please note that I’m aware that I’m (essentially) writing this to myself. Although this may seem a bit crazy – it’s not as crazy as someone talking to themselves out loud – at least that’s what I tell myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment