Wednesday, February 24, 2010

So you think you can die?

I wanna talk about life.

I know...

Its a touchy subject.

But more specifically... I wanna talk about death.

Right about now... you're probably looking for the back button.

That's fine... just go... I don't care ; )

If you're still reading... I want to share a funny thought about death.

Yes... I think death can be funny...

This is the part where I bring in God...

Still there?

Impressive.

The great religious traditions have a few ideas about God.

[This is a passage extracted from Wikipedia... so you know it must be true!]

"Judaism, Christianity and Islam see God as a being who created the world and who rules over the universe. God is usually held to have the following properties: holiness, justice, sovereignty, omnipotence, omniscience, benevolence, omnipresence, and immortality. It is also believed to be transcendent, meaning that God is outside space and time."

The great religious traditions say many things... some of it rubbish... most of it inspiring. It would probably take a lifetime to discuss them all. Thank god I am only interested in talking about death. ; )

So... it is said that God is immortal.

This is important... so I’m gonna put a pause here.

[PAUSE]

And this is where the funny bit comes in…

We have this idea that we can die.

Am I right?

Well if you're certain that you can die, are you saying that you believe that you can do something that God can’t?

Are you so big-headed to think that you can die when God cannot? ; )

Yet everywhere you look... people are convinced they die.

Afraid to die.

But what happens if you know you don’t die?

I have a little hunch...

I think it is in this moment... in this very moment...

You begin to live.


Disclaimer:
If you love God and found this offensive... I apologize. If you hate God... I apologize.
If you still wanna die... don't let my stupid little note stop you. It's just a note... on Facebook. It's probably rubbish... but still interesting... and at least a lil' entertaining?

Originally written: Thursday, August 30, 2007

1 comment:

  1. there is no god, so it doesn't matter. your post was insightful anyway.

    ReplyDelete