Monday, March 1, 2010

How's your spiritual life these days?

Spirituality, aka real life... maybe you've heard of it? If it's something that interests you, now's the time to make it a priority in your life.

I’m writing this letter because I am meant to speak out about Truth. There are various forms of truth, but what I am referring to specifically, is the truth that is synonymous with your true nature. The Truth is the answer to the soul-searching question: “who am I?”. It’s the Truth that is inside you & that can be accessed anytime, by anyone, regardless of age, weight, height, race, class, income, etc. There is only one Truth & it doesn’t matter what you believe in, or which religion/denomination you belong to - for they all give different versions of the same Truth. Albeit some teachings have been misconstrued to provide the corrupted with wealth &/or power. Fortunately, it’s easy to spot these impostors since they charge membership fees for their version of the Truth; and typically drive fancy cars, own large properties, and take extravagant vacations. But as you will discover – to know the Truth there is no need for such expenditures. In this regard, you are your only investment. If you invest your time/money/energy in yourself – you will inevitably know the Truth. And believe you me – it is the most valuable investment you can make. This is not about being selfish – this is about taking responsibility for your self. As far as I know - no one is going to be able to show you the Truth – although for a small fee, many will claim they can – in actuality it is something each of us must discover on our own. Unfortunately it isn’t a choice either - because through Truth – we will change the world. And if we don’t change we will perish. It is the only way – and it’s starting today.

Truth is my passion, it is my underlying purpose & although I've been denying this inclination for the past 5 years (out of fear of persecution/rejection), it’s impossible for me to deny it any longer. In a way, I feel as though I've wasted so much time – because since my awakening on Dec 27th, 2004 - I have been feeling an ‘internal pressure’, which has steadily increased over the years. I know now that this internal pressure was my intuition screaming at me – trying to get me to listen to myself. For those closest to me - you might like to know that what you experienced as my physical/mental unease & bout with substance abuse over the past few years was indicative & most likely a result of my ignorance. But all things happen for a reason – and I feel that as a result – I have a new found courage to share what might be the most intimate & important thing in my life. My hope is - regardless of what you take from this letter - that it gives you the courage to express yourself openly in whichever way, shape or form.

To start I suggest you read: ‘The Laws of the Sun’ by Ryuho Okawa. My good friend gave this book to me a few months ago - & having read it I can say that it's an excellent summary of the Truth & a good entry point for beginners. For the purpose of this letter, I will refer back to this book - but keep in mind there are numerous teachers & texts available today which are equally useful, this just happens to be the most comprehensive & accurate text on Truth I've read to date.

In chapter 5 of The Laws of the Sun, Ryuho Okawa gives a brief summary of creation & life on planet earth.

A lot of what Ryuho Okawa writes about in The Laws of the Sun I don’t necessarily agree with – simply because these aren’t things I know to be true from experience. That’s not saying it isn’t true – only that I would need to experience it for myself before I draw any conclusions. Until then I'm considering it - keeping it on the back-burner... so to speak.

What I found to be noteworthy - was the description of ancient human civilizations that had at one time flourished on earth but which have all disappeared - with the explanation as to why. He recalls (due to some sort of global cataclysm) that these civilizations perished because they mistakenly pursued the accumulation of material wealth instead of seeking to understand Truth. Stated differently: the mistake they made was taking (wealth) instead of giving (Love). Coincidentally - as you may have noticed – today we find ourselves making the same mistake – and it is suggested that we may soon suffer the consequences of our actions. As a result of our ignorance – Ryuho Okawa (& others) claim we may be on the verge of another 'near' extinction.

The pessimist in me never takes anything at face value – but after spending quite some time researching & reading various spiritual texts – I’ve discovered several sources that are heeding similar warnings. Teachers from all over the world are foretelling there will be a global shift in human consciousness – & that life as we know - it is coming to an end.


The vision:
A month ago I had had a dream - in this dream I could see a human figure standing alone in a field with arms outstretched, looking at the sky, which was a deep crimson red. The dream stayed imprinted in my mind – and later I drew the image in my sketchbook – but other than that it didn’t strike me as anything out-of-the-ordinary. That is, until tonight when I read a passage in The Laws of the Sun, describing a catastrophic event strikingly similar to the one I had seen in my dreams. I was hit with a strong sense of déjà-vu, & this is what prompted me to write this letter – I guess you could say it was the sign that broke the camel’s back.

It’s still unclear as to what may happen – it could be any number of things: perhaps a global enlightenment or some natural disaster - but my hope is that the shift is positive & peaceful, either way humanity will awaken to the Truth. My feeling is that those who consciously decide to change & evolve will make it through the shift, & those who chose otherwise – may be left behind. Either way - I think it’s wise to do some research & prepare as you see fit.

The following is not meant to frighten you - but it is important to know as it may affect you & those you care about. In the event that some catastrophic event should unfold – there will be a loss of life - but there is no need to be afraid. Speaking from experience – one can take comfort knowing that the physical world is temporary & that the physical body many of us identify with & believe to be who we are - is simply a vessel & not our true-self. In actuality, the body is a sophisticated, sensory laden, bio-machine we occupy while on earth, enabling us to experience life as we know it. To explain it (very) simply: your ‘true-self’ is the self that resides within/throughout the physical body. Your self is of God, and as such - you are immortal. We are all one. We are all God. Essentially - We are God. Phew… that’s the hard part – if you got all that - the rest should be a piece-o-cake!

Now - back to impending doom - to prepare (spiritually) – the first step is to free yourself of earthly desires/material attachment. The best way to rid yourself of your attachment to material things is to fill your mind & heart with the desire for Truth*. The best way to do this is through Love…

So... what about Love?
Ryuho Okawa describes Love in his book via the teachings of Jesus Christ. The following passage is taken from The Laws of the Sun:

'God is Love, and as children of God all people have Love within their hearts.
To practice Love, first Love God, then Love your neighbor - who is part of god, and finally Love God’s servant – that is yourself.
Every day, pray quietly on your own & converse with your guardian & guiding spirits.
Human Love is measured by the quality, not the quantity, of Love you give-so improve the quality of your Love.’


I agree wholeheartedly with this passage – the only (tiny) disagreement might be that it’s my understanding that you are to love yourself first, & once you’ve loved yourself wholeheartedly, you would progress to include all others (man, animal, planet…) in your love. And once you’ve come to love yourself & all others & everything – you become ‘Love’. As ‘Love’ – you jump to a higher frequency or dimension & experience the transcendence of your ego or false-self. During this experience - your delusions fall away & you remember your true-self & your connection with the entire universe. Ultimately – Love is the vehicle through which you may transcend your ego-self or false-self. Through Love, each of us may reach enlightenment.

Of course there’s more to it – but it’s a start.



“Love and Truth are one and the same; search for Love & you will find Truth – search for Truth & you will find Love.”



If reading this inspired you &/or something in this letter resonates within you - I’m asking that you (please) make it a priority each day to love yourself/others/earth/god & to seek truth – each day forever & ever. The goal is to become a walking… talking… truth machine. If you’re not sure - listen to your intuition - it will always send you down the right path.

It's my pleasure to talk about things of this nature- so if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask.


xo
Sarah

*For a more information please read The Laws of The Sun, by Ryuho Okawa.



Update – Feb 24th, 2010:

This is a message I wrote to some of my intuitive friends/acquaintances on Feb 21st:

I had a vision - maybe of the past - or future or both. Here it goes: It was night time - except the skies were a deep red. And a silhouette was standing arms outreached - all alone on a vast plain. The feeling - empty, quiet, foreboding. Almost as if the skies were a sign something was about to happen.

Not that weird really - but then last week I read a passage in a book describing a catastrophic event that happened thousands of years ago which nearly wiped out all life on the planet - and suddenly it hit me that it was the same event i had seen in my vision - sorta like a deja vu but more intense - I'd even sketched it in my sketch book a few weeks back. So I'm trying to figure out what I saw - if it was a vision of the ancient past or one of the not-so-distant future - or both. I did some research & apparently others are saying people are having visions like this and so I thought first to ask some of the people (my more intuitive/sensitive friends) closest to me, if they'd seen anything similar?

xo
Sarah


Although most didn't have anything relevant to share, tonight my good friend Drew* wrote back the following:


well, awhile back in high school around grade 11. Me and Carl* -who is one of my best friends, more so like family- where sleeping over at our friend dons place. I had a dream that i would never forget. we were being evacuated from school for some reason, it seemed as if it were the middle of the summer as everyone was clamoring around rushing to get out of the school i was trying to find someone i knew but everybody around me seemed to not have a face. i finally made my way out to the front lawn of the school, where the grass was dead and golden everyone stood looking at a RED sky but it was still bright out. we were waiting for something finally there was a loud crash and everything around me dissapated and I thought I was for sure witnessing the end of everything. Then the world around me came back in one piece and I was still standing unharmed, though many of the people around me were on the ground unconcious or dead. I woke up at that point. so did Carl, it turned out he had a strange dream too. we started describing our dreams to each other by the end of our conversation we were finishing each others sentences, describing the same place the same occasion. we had the same dream at the same time, woke at the same time and we were sleeping in the same room. We don't talk about it much anymore but I've known for a long time it was extremely important but somehow not urgent. Im not sure if this relates to you dream but the red sky does stand out. maybe my dream will help you remember some parts of yours. either way keep on dreaming.

ps.. I miss you greatly.



That night I barely slept as I scoured the web - looking for any information that might shed light on what I’d seen. I found one website in particular which tells of a similar vision & puts the it into context. Please read the following passage from globalpsychics.com:

“It was at the end of the fourth day that the third Vision came to him. As he gazed out onto the landscape towards the setting Sun, the sky suddenly turned to a liquid and then turned blood-red. As far as his eyes could see, the sky was solid red, with no variation in shadow, texture or light. The whole of Creation seemed to have grown still, as if awaiting some unseen command. Time, place and destiny seemed to be in limbo, stilled by the bleeding sky. He gazed for a long time at the sky, in a state of awe and terror, for the red colour of the sky was like nothing he had ever seen in any sunset or sunrise. The colour was that of man, not of Nature, and it had a vile stench and texture. It seemed to burn the Earth wherever it touched. As sunset drifted to night, the stars shone bright red, the colour never leaving the sky, and everywhere the cries of fear and pain were heard.
Again, the warrior spirit appeared to Grandfather, but this time as a voice from the sky. Like thunder, the voice shook the landscape. "This, then, is the third sign, the night of the bleeding stars. It will become known throughout the world, for the sky in all lands will be red with the blood of the sky, day and night. It is then, with this sign of the third probable future, that there is no longer hope. Life on the Earth as man has lived it will come to an end, and there can be no turning back, physically or spiritually. It is then, if things are not changed during the second sign, that man will surely know the destruction of the Earth is at hand. It is then that the children of the Earth must run to the wild places and hide. For when the sky bleeds fire, there will be no safety in the world of man."
Grandfather sat in shocked horror as the voice continued.
"From this time, when the stars bleed, to the fourth and final sign, will be four seasons of peace [that is, one year]. It is in these four seasons that the children of the Earth must live deep in the wild places and find a new home, close to the Earth and the Creator. It is only the children of the Earth that will survive, and they must live the philosophy of the Earth, never returning to the thinking of man. And survival will not be enough, for the children of the Earth must also live close to the Spirit. So tell them not to hesitate if and when this third sign becomes manifest in the stars, for there are but four seasons to escape."



As unbelieving as this must sound – please just keep an open mind & consider the information I’m sharing. In the mean time I’ll be doing more research, and will be posting any significant findings on my blog. I think for now – more than ever - it's essential to pray/meditate & love everyday. Let me know if you have any significant dreams/intuitions in the next little while.

Love,
Sarah


*Names have been changed.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, pretty interesting stuff Sarah!
    Keep up your search of Truth and keep on loving!! I don't know if you've read "A New Earth" by Eckhart Tolle, but I just finished that one and found it very insightful. It opened my eyes to the functioning of the ego within myself, who's grasp must be released in order to truly awaken. Although I have come to where I am now using thought, reasoning and constantly questioning why? I see that thought is always subjective and can be tainted by the motives of the ego. After learning of the possibility that I might not live for much longer, the significance of the physical form I had become so identified with diminished, and I was left with a more calm state of acceptance. Although I am far from being free of my ego, being aware of it has been a very powerful tool in differentiating between it and my intuition. My inner purpose. I have been finding great pleasure from the simple things in life, especially nature. I have become more focused on being present and aware, not lost in a murmur of thoughts, but just being connected with the present and soaking up every moment. Great amounts of stress and anxiety can accumulate by dwelling too much on the past or future. The only window we will ever have to connect with ourselves, each other, the universe, is the present moment. I do not often get to reflect on this topic with other people, so Sarah, thank you for this present.

    ReplyDelete